Wilton, Maine (pop. 4116) is conveniently located in the foothills of Maine’s western lakes and mountains region, only 55 minutes from Augusta and Lewiston/Auburn and 90 minutes from Portland. Situated in the heart of Franklin County, approximately 331,000 people live within 40 miles of Wilton. It is world famous as the original home of Bass Shoes and is close to three major ski resorts and Mount Blue State Park. Wilton’s walkable Main Street offers services, restaurants, shops, and a vibrant Public Library, all available with one-stop parking. Also located within the downtown is beautiful Wilson Lake with its view of the surrounding mountains; the Wilton Farm and Home Museum; and historic, rustic Kineowatha Park. Wilton’s location, high-speed broadband internet, nearness to a major State University and a fully-equipped hospital, two hotels, four-season offerings, and historical ambiance make it an ideal location to establish a business.
Distance to Nearest Port City/Commercial Airport: 40 miles to Augusta; 75 miles to Portland.
Please contact the following people for information regarding starting your new business or expanding your existing business:
- BarclayCard US
- Jarden Plastic Solutions
- Tractor Supply
- Hammond Lumber Company
- Comfort Inn
- Wilson Lake Inn
- State of Maine Career Center
- Care & Comfort
- Calzolaio Pasta Company
To view a listing of all Wilton businesses, please visit the Wilton Group website.
- Wilton has two Tax Increment Financing Districts; one located on the Rte. 2 corridor and one located in the Downtown village.
- Wilton has a low-interest Revolving Loan Fund (RLF) available to businesses located within Wilton, which is intended for business start-ups, upgrades, and expansions. Loan proceeds may be used for various purposes and needs, such as equipment, real estate, and working capital.
- The Downtown Revitalization Plan represents a vision and goal for the continued economic growth of the Downtown within the context of the entire Town’s growth and future.
- The Pine Tree Development Zone program offers 10-year tax incentives to eligible businesses.
- A skilled and ready workforce, education and training support, great housing opportunities, ideal geographic location central to commuter patterns, superior natural resources and outstanding quality of life are all attributes you will find in Wilton!
The Town of Wilton will work with you to start your new business or expand your existing business. Approval forms may be required from the Code Enforcement Officer and/or Planning Board. Requirements will vary depending on the nature of the business.
Below are links to organizations that can assist you with opening a business or marketing or expanding your current business: